Unexplained Weight Gain In Women
Unexplained weight gain in women is a common occurrence during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, after child birth and menopause as the female body goes through hormonal changes. If left untreated weight gain can lead to health problems such as overweight and obesity.
There are many treatment options for weight gain and obesity such as behavioral therapies, commercial and medical weight loss programs. Clinical programs are supervised by physicians. Many commercial quick weight loss clinics offer supervised and quick solutions to weight loss such as diets, weight loss products and supplements. Quick weight loss center cost can be high and vary depending on the program.
Causes of unexplained weight gain can be:
1. Hypothyroidism or inactive thyroid gland function can be a major cause of your unexplained weight gain. Thyroid gland control your body’s metabolism and energy production. If you are experiencing fatigue, hair loss, lethargy, depression, high cholesterol levels, constipation, dry skin, weight gain, irregular periods etc, you could have hypothyroidism, which can lead to fat deposition and obesity. It is advisable to know the causes and necessary steps for prevention of obesity than looking for cures.
2. High levels of cortisol can be a symptom of Cushing’s syndrome, which should not be neglected.
3. Hormonal imbalances can be caused by the several reasons such as high levels of toxins and heavy metals in the body or due to conditions such as fibromyalgia.
4. Kidney and liver problems can cause fluid retention, which leads to weight gain.
5. Candida growth and sugar imbalances due to poor diet can also be the causes.
6. Prescribed or over the counter medications can cause unexplained weight gain.
If your weight gain or obesity problem is associated with uncontrollable eating habits, gastric bypass is a surgical option available that can reduce the amount of food you can eat and absorb. This surgical procedure should be your last resort option as there are many gastric bypass surgery complications such as infections and bleeding.
Lead a healthy lifestyle and consult a doctor and get treated to avoid weight gain.