Top 5 Meal Plans Based on Calorie Intake to Lose Weight
Healthy eating is essential to good living. It is also important to track your daily calorie intake to lose weight. Meal plans are often recommended to those trying to lose weight as they keep dieters on a daily routine and allow monitoring of their caloric intake. Many sites like ChooseMyPlate.gov offer meal plans that are based on calorie intake to lose weight. Before you begin, make sure you calculate the number of calories you need to intake based on your age, weight, height and activity level factors since all of them are individual.
Here are the top five meal plans to feel satisfied and lose weight:
1. 2500 Calories Diet Plan. This calorie intake to lose weight might be more suited for men with sedentary to moderately active lifestyles. Foods worth 2500 calories are ideal daily calorie intake for men and should be broken into 3 or 4 meals and 2 snacks spaced throughout the day. This will help to keep blood sugar levels stable and prevent getting overly hungry or full. Lean proteins should account for no more than 6.5 oz. and can include fish, turkey, chicken or beans. As to starches, lean on whole grain options like whole wheat bread, brown rice and oatmeal. Dairy should amount to no more than 3 cups per day and can include low fat milk, yogurt or cottage cheese. This diet plan allows about 7 tablespoons of fats daily, including oil, butter and nuts.
2. 2200 Calories Diet Plan. This calorie intake to lose weight approach is recommended for women with moderately active lifestyles, not pregnant of breastfeeding. The breakfast can include an omelet cooked with 3 egg whites, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a whole-wheat toast with 1 tablespoon almond butter, 1 cup of cubed fruit and 1 cup of skim milk. For lunch you can serve 2 oz. chicken breast cooked with some sautéed spinach (2 cups raw), 2 tablespoons of black bean salsa and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. In addition, 1 cup of skim milk and an orange will make a nice finish to a meal and make you feel satisfied before dinnertime. For dinner, it is best to broil a 4 oz. slice of salmon along with 1.5 cups of broccoli and cauliflower mix and serve it with 1 cup of wholegrain couscous, 1 tomato and ½ cup of low fat mozzarella. For snacks, this meal plan suggests 1 apple, ½ cup dried cranberry and almond mix and 8 whole-wheat crackers with hummus.
3. 1800 Calories Diet Plan. This particular calorie intake to lose weight plan is ideal for losing weight and not feeling deprived. For breakfast, it suggests serving a toasted whole grain bagel with 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese and 10 raisins, 1 cup strawberries with 1 cup of fat free natural yogurt. Incorporating natural yogurt along with other fermented foods is among the fastest ways to lose weight because these foods regulate healthy digestion. For lunch you can serve 1 whole wheat pita bread stuffed with tuna salad prepared with 3 oz. light tuna, 1 tablespoon mayo, spices served along 1 sliced tomato and ½ raw spinach leaves abd 1 cup of cranberry juice. For dinner this meal plan recommends you grill or broil 4 oz. chicken breast and eat it with 1 baked sweet potato and a salad prepared with ½ cucumber and tomato along with 1 whole wheat dinner roll. The snack menu for the day should include 1 orange, 1 apple, 10 almonds, 1 cup raw cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of hummus.
4. 1500 Calories Diet Plan. This one is sure to blast that subcutaneous fat because it includes only 1500 satisfying calories so you are likely to stay on the track. The scrumptious breakfast will include 12 oz. of black caffeinated coffee, 1 cup skim milk, 1 packet of any flavor oatmeal (or substitute with 1 whole wheat toast) and 1 orange. For lunch you are allowed to consume 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, 2 oz. turkey deli meat, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 sliced tomato, 2 leaves of green lettuce and ½ cup of alfalfa sprouts. The dinner menu should include 5 oz. of tilapia, 1 cup steamed brown rice, ½ cup of cooked broccoli and a green salad with a splash of fat free salad dressing.
5. 1200 Calories Diet Plan. This meal plan is a powerful weapon against excess weight since it contains so few calories and you can lose weight without feeling hungry. For breakfast, you can treat yourself to ½ a grapefruit, 1 cup of skim milk, 1 whole-wheat toast and ¾ cup of whole grain cereal. Lunch can include 2 slices of whole wheat bread with 2 oz. of turkey breast. As a side serve 1 carrot, 2 stalks of celery and 2 tablespoons of fat free veggie dip. Snacks for the day can consist of 1 cup of fat free milk, 1 peach and 1 banana. The dinner menu can include soup prepared with fat free chicken broth, ½ potato, ½-cup pea and potato frozen mix and 3 oz. of lean veal. As a starter, serve some green salad with 1 tablespoon of fat free salad dressing and ½ cup of applesauce. More details on 1200 calories diet when you are a busy woman with “grab-and-go” lifestyle you can find by reading this article.
In order to make these meal plans successful and efficient in decreasing the body mass index, it is important to combine healthy eating with regular vigorous exercise. Some people also try other methods to lose weight including boot camps and even self hypnosis for weight loss.