Top 10 Weight Loss Exercises
Are you determined to lose some weight and looking for some weight loss exercises suggestions? Look no further below where we list some of the most effective ways to lose weight fast.
1. Yoga asanas for weight loss are celebrity endorsed way to lose weight. A lot of people following Madonna’s and Hale Berry’s steps are enrolling to Yoga studios in hopes to get rid of extra body mass. However, some do not believe you can burn enough calories within a short 30 minute yoga session. While this is partially true, yoga is in fact a rather low impact type of work out, Power Yoga a westernized type of Yoga workout is more focused on higher impact exercises that can burn more fat within the same time frame. Yoga for weight loss is a great first step to becoming leaner you because besides burning calories it teaches you patience, provides internal self control and builds self confidence.
2. Fitness boot camps are spreading across the nation as the most effective and motivational ways to lose weight. Fitness camps provide that missing link most of us lack when trying to shed pounds which is motivation. Go on a weight loss boot camp retreat or find a boot camp close to your home. All of these provide great group based weight loss exercises to bring you back into shape fast. Lots of heart pumping and abs crunching exercises are sure to bring immediate weight loss results. Most of these boot camps have certified dieticians on staff helping you devise a perfect personal eating plan in addition to exercising.
3. Running to lose weight is one of the most popular ways America chooses to lose weight. While it’s popular does not mean it’s good for everyone. If you are severely obese or you have joint problems running might not be ideal for you and you need to choose more low impact weight loss exercises like Yoga or swimming. For the rest of us running is a fantastic way to shed stubborn pounds. Take care to buy a high quality running footwear and choose terrains that will not be too taxing for your joints. Additionally, pre-workout stretching and warm ups are very important for any runner. Stretching and warm up prepare your muscles for a workout and ultimately reduce injuries. Alternate running with strength training and toning weight loss exercises to build stamina and endurance.
4. Cycling for weight loss is a great way to slim down. An average one hour cycling session burns anywhere from 500 to 700 calories depending on your speed. For a rainy day use a stationary bike to continue with your weight loss program. Weight loss exercises performed using your outdoor or stationary bike train your lower body ridding you of excessive pounds around the waistline, thighs and hips. Outdoor cycling is even better since you can combine it with adventurous exploration or nearby parks, beaches and recreational zones making your workouts very enjoyable. Consider cycling for at least an hour daily or perhaps you can bike instead of driving to school or work.
5. Swimming to lose weight is considered one of the gentlest for your joints ways to get rid of unwanted pounds. When you are overweight, your joints suffer everyday stress damage due to excessive weight pushing on the joints that may lead to back, leg, neck pains during exercise. Swimming allows your body to be suspended in the water eliminating unnecessary joint pressure and letting you exercise and lose weight at the same time. Start slowly and build up your swimming exercises gradually so your body can adjust to increasing levels of swimming sessions and build stamina. You can use various types of swimming equipment like fins, hand paddles and kickboard to add a few. These will introduce variety and will make you look forward to another swimming session. If you are not fond of swimming per say, consider getting yourself enrolled in a water aerobics class. Water aerobics weight loss exercises are an incredibly effective way to shed those stubborn pounds while you are having fun. Upbeat music, great friends and kicking away in a pool create a fun and engaging environment making you forget you are even losing weight.
6. Interval weight loss exercises. Interval training has always been recognized as a great way to lose weight fast and get into shape for athletes. Interval training is based on combining aerobic and anaerobic exercises. If you are running at an even pace outdoors or on a treadmill you are only providing your body with aerobic exercises that can only build limited amount of endurance. On the other hand, if you subject your body to short high intensity workouts, you will provide your muscles with anaerobic workout that is more helpful in building lean muscle and contribute to weight loss. Your ideal interval training workout should be as follows: warm up for several minutes, run as fast as you can for 30 seconds followed by 90 seconds of leisurely walking; repeat this run and walk exercises for 5-6 times per workout session. Do interval training for no more than 3 times weekly for ultimate results.
7. Martial Arts are one of the most ancient types of weight loss exercises targeting not only your body but mind. Martial Arts help train your patience, develop obedience, respect to others and self confidence. It’s hard to imagine anything more beneficial than enrolling into a Martial Arts group for your weight loss. Training with Martial Arts gives you a purpose than just mindless running or cycling. Here you have a goal at hand to perform a series of exercises that form a Martial Arts routine. Choose from several varieties of Martial Arts like Karate, Taekwondo, Jiu Jitsu and Judo to name just a few.
8. Boxing is your best bet against the fat and the flab! Just take a look at professional boxers and you will know why. Boxing workouts to lose weight are high intensity circuit training workouts that train all muscle groups of your body literally from your head to toes. Boxing is not something you can do on your own if you are an amateur, getting enrolled in a boxing training group is a great way to get started. Here you will learn all the proper techniques of executing boxing moves and kicks.
9. Hula Hoop exercises to lose belly fat. Hula Hoop is probably something you tried when you were little, however Hula Hoop is making a huge come back due to its effectiveness to reduce abdominal fat. Special weighted Hula Hoop is all you need for achieving a trimmer waistline. Start slowly at about one minute for each Hula Hoop session and build it up to 10 minutes. It definitely takes some getting used to if you have never tried it before but rest assured with a little training you will get really good at it. Hula Hooping to your favorite dance DVD or CD will make your workouts especially enjoyable.
10. Wii Fit weight loss exercises. Have you heard of the latest weight loss craze that is sweeping over the nation? Wii console allows you to exercise at the comfort of your own home and pick workouts to match your preferences and weight loss goals. In addition, your personal Wii workout instructor will monitor your progress and instruct you how to perform each exercise for the best weight loss results. Not only you will have fun exercising with the Wii system, you will also burn calories and monitor your weight loss progress.
Read our other articles to learn more about Weight Loss Exercises.