Top 10 Fat Burning Vitamins and Minerals You Need To Know
When we think of weight loss, vitamins and minerals might be the furthest thing from our minds. However, it is becoming increasingly more common to see everyday nutrients in natural supplements for weight loss. Why do you need to know this? Because it’s important to ensure that you are getting enough of the compounds that your body needs for good overall health, and to reap the potential weight loss benefits of common vitamins and minerals. Fat burning vitamins are found in foods we eat everyday so why not eat more of them when we know that most non-organic produce we buy today is zapped with radiation and has a reduced content of nutrients? And some minerals have been found to be natural metabolism boosters for women, so it’s important to know what foods you want to stock up on to increase overall well being and help make your weight loss battle as easy as possible. Here is our list of the top 10 fat burning vitamins and minerals that you should know about!
1. Vitamin C: It’s not only an important mineral for immunity, but being deficient can keep the body from burning fat. Proper levels of this vitamin are important for fat burning.
2. Calcium: An oddity amongst natural supplements for weight loss, calcium does more than just keep your bones strong. It has also been suggested to inhibit fat storage making it important to make sure your calcium intake is at the right levels.
3. Chromium Picolinate: Studies have shown that this mineral that we need only trace amounts of helps burn fat. Be careful though, too much and you could suffer nasty side effects.
4. Vitamin D: While research hasn’t shown vitamin D to be one of the true fat burning vitamins, studies are suggesting that it might play a role in burning fat away.
5. Vitamin B6: Studies are inconclusive, but suggest that vitamin b6 may be an effective addition to the b complex family of fat burning vitamins.
6. Vitamin E: Vitamin E has been suggested in studies to be an effective fat burner as well as a beneficial antioxidant.
7. Vitamin B12: Since it is involved with the body’s metabolism, maintaining healthy levels of this powerful vitamin will enhance your body’s fat burning potential.
8. Iron: Women particularly are more likely to be deficient in this mineral that is essential for fat burning processes in the body. Additionally, a shortage can lead to fatigue and who feels like burning fat when they’re tired?
9. Vitamin B3: Since B vitamins are critical for cell regeneration, not maintaining healthy levels of this B vitamin can put a damper on your weight loss efforts.
10. Vitamin B6: Aids in metabolism and therefore is important for fat loss and healthy weight maintenance.
Remember to discuss any supplements you plan to take with your doctor or health care provider. Also bear in mind that exercises to lose belly fat are more important than any pill you can take. Vitamins and minerals are critical to our daily functions, but levels that are too high can be unsafe or unhealthy.