Best Low Carb High Protein Shakes For Weight Loss – Top 5 Picks
Protein shakes for weight loss seem to be ideal for you if you are currently eating six small meals everyday or are following a low carb high protein diet. After all, it might not be practical for you to prepare the kinds of meals that you need every time, right? So, if the situation doesn’t allow it, protein shakes for weight loss would be the best choices for you to fill your body with instead of skipping meals or resorting to junk food. However, contrary to widespread belief created mostly by supplement manufacturers, protein isolate powder, used for most protein shakes, is not as healthy as natural proteins obtained from meats and eggs, because, it is obtained by a high heat process that disrupts its original biological activity and instead increases carcinogens such as nitrites. Sally Fallon of the Weston A. Price Foundation that examines nutritional benefits or side effects of foods and food products, explains that powdered protein can disrupt the calcium balance in a body, putting it at risk of osteoporosis. If you are still on the lookout for today’s best low carb high protein weight loss shakes that work because you are in need of glutathione amino acid in your diet, check out the following top 5 picks:
1. Naturade’s Total Soy Meal Replacement: This all-around nutritional shake is great for those people who want something that isn’t as extreme as the other meal replacement shakes for sports in today’s market. While typical sports shakes have a lot of protein in it, Naturade’s shake doesn’t. As a matter of fact, it only uses soy protein. However, while supplement manufacturers clam that soy protein is very beneficial to the heart and is great for both men and women, be mindful of the fact that soy derived products contain nitrates, aluminum, phytic acid, protease inhibitors, isoflavones, fluoride and MSG, and a human carcinogen 3-MCPD, which are all toxic to our bodies for long term effects.
2. Whey Gold Standard: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey consists of nothing but the purest kind of whey protein out there. This is why it is so popular nowadays. Not only does it uses whey protein as its main protein source, but it also ensures that it has low amounts of cholesterol, fat and lactose in it at the same time.
3. Premier Protein Shake: This shake is great for anybody who swears by living a healthy lifestyle. Not only does it have all of the nutrients you might need on daily basis, but it also protects the Earth’s resources by being sold in Tetra Pak cartons. How great is that?
4. Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate: If you are already sick and tired of the same vanilla, strawberry and chocolate flavors that protein supplements seem to have, though, then Syntrax Nectar would be the best choice for you. This supplement comes in a lot of unique flavors, so you can enjoy a ton of variety while drinking your high protein shakes for weight loss everyday. However, while it doesn’t have any fat or carbs in it so you may think that you could actually indulge in these delicious shakes without feeling bad about it in the end, be aware that any artificial sweeteners and natural flavorings may be harmful to your general health (since any form of sugar, natural or artificial, suppresses your immune system), so limit your intake to only what your workout routine requires.
5. Nature’s Best IsoPure Protein Powder: This is one of the best high protein shakes for weight loss out there because it uses nothing but the best protein source to date: ion-exchanged whey protein isolate. Known as the elite protein shake of all time, these shakes don’t have any fat, carbs or lactose in them, but are full of glutamine and zero-calorie sweetener made out of sugar. As mentioned above, don’t overindulge because of the artificial sugar content.
Finally, remember that the healthiest way to drop pounds is to improve your dietary habits to exclude food products and include more real unprocessed weight loss foods that have fat burning properties. Supplementing with natural vitamins is a good idea, too, because most people who struggle with their weight have accumulated vitamin deficiencies from years of unhealthy nutrient deprived eating habits.