Abdominal and Thigh Liposuction Recovery – 7 Things To Remember!
The true success of slim lipo or other modern liposuction techniques, depends solely on you and your dedication to your new figure. That being said, there are several things to remember after your laser, traditional, vaser, or tumescent liposuction. While liposuction recovery time will vary from person to person, many will all be advised of the below items, which are important to remember during liposuction recovery to heal as quickly as possible with as little discomfort as can be. Here’s our list of 7 things to remember during your liposuction recovery time:
1. You still cannot eat whatever you want: You had liposuction, not gastric bypass, and this is not your ticket to the buffet. Just because you obliterated your fat cells in your belly and thighs doesn’t mean you can’t get fat. You can and will if you’re not careful, it will just find a new spot to invade, meaning that your arms might end up thrice the size of your thighs.
2. It’s like having a baby: you are not going to leave the clinic and look like Cindy Crawford. Most likely, you are going to leave looking like Joan River’s mummy. Bandaged, bruised and puffy. It can take weeks for the swelling to subside, and months to see the full end result of your procedure.
3. Compression Garments: They suck, but they aren’t just for the first day of recovery. Get used to them, because they’ll be stuck to you for a few weeks.
4. Drainage: If fluid is injected during your procedure, you might have fluid oozing from your skin. Don’t panic, it has to get out somehow.
5. Baggy, Saggy, Flappy: These words might all describe your skin’s appearance during liposuction recovery. Frankly, you may prefer the swollen and puffy look to what the skin looks like post procedure. It can take weeks or months to re-firm all that extra skin, if ever, so remember, appearances are deceiving when you depart the clinic.
6. Liposuction Side effects: if everything looks good, you’ll get shipped out of the clinic anywhere from half an hour to a few hours after experiencing the tube of terror. This doesn’t leave much time for observation, so be on the lookout for side effects that might not rear their ugly heads until you’ve arrived at home.
7. Be on the lookout for infection: Even though most of your “work” has been done on the inside, it had to have an entrance point, and you need to be aware of signs of infection including red lines and a warm sensation. Abnormal drainage or puss is also in indicator of infection that would haven’t had time to manifest during your in house liposuction recovery.